My Android smart phone is constantly bleeping, buzzing, dinging, singing and twinkling with application push notifications. It’s getting worse by the day as advertisers and vendors discover they can stick their advertisement in my face on my cell phone’s notification screen. It’s starting to feel like those HUGE advertisements at the bottom of my TV screen but that’s another issue. I could block all push notifications on my phone but SOME are useful or important and contribute to my smart phone’s usefulness.
There is hope for “Notification Overload”. #notificationoverload
My wife told me I could INDIVIDUALLY block the apps that I do not want in my face so as to let me concentrate on the desirable ones!! You still keep the app and are able to use it like always but you do not have to see constant notices.
- Click into your Setting
- Choose “Sounds and notifications.”
- Under Notifications, click on “App notifications.”
- Scroll down to the app that is bothering you and click it.
- Click the ON/OFF switch so that “Block notifications is ON.
- You’re done!! That app can’t annoy you again but you can still use it.
- Click the back button or left arrow and turn off others while you are here.
- Have a great (and quieter) day!
Like, forward and share to help your friends and family get some extra peace as well.